Moving Options for Homeowners

Smaller Home

Still have a yard & garden


Lock and leave lifestyle. Pefect for snowbirds 

Family Living

Inlaw suite, lunch w/ grandkids

Assisted Living

Full service care

Questions about downsizing?

Ikonomou Knows Vancouver Homes

  • Thinking of downsizing? 
  • Moving to a seniors living home, condo or smaller home?
  • Are decades of your life's most cherished memories stored in the closet or filling rooms?
  • Have your family members stopped visiting or not as often? It may be time to look at starting a new chapter.
Tom Helps

Let us help you through the process...

  • You can't take it all (or may not want to) 
  • Many people underestimate how much stuff they have until they're actually moving. 
  • We'll get you from downsize to rightsize. 

Pre-register today to receive the latest updates on your new options


Pre-registration Form

Ask yourself the following questions

Do you enjoy hosting gatherings?

Downsizing may not be the best option if you love planning parties for your friends and family.

Do you feel isolated?

Senior living communities present more opportunities to interact with neighbours. Some communities allow family members to stay overnight.

Do you like maintaining your home?

Lawn care and other home maintenance can be strenuous for seniors limited in their physical ability. Many of my clients were excited to relax while gardening or sit on the patio instead of cleaning bedrooms and bathrooms.

How much longer can you afford to stay in your current home?

Your personal finances and/or your retirement plan should be able to sustain your mortgage payments for at least 5-10 years. 

What will you do with all your stuff?

Deciding what you really need to keep will help you answer the basic number of bedrooms question. This in turn helps as you decide how small the next home can truly be.

Seniors & Assisted Living

The following are a few of the senior living residences available in Vancouver. Tom Ikonomou & RE/MAX City Realty are not affiliated with these residences. This list gets you an idea of what services are available.

Chalmers Ldg

Chalmers Lodge offers assisted living for seniors and is well located in the heart of vibrant South Granville, in Vancouver, British Columbia. 

Park Place

At Park Place Seniors Living the resident always comes first. This is your home, your life, and we’re simply here to help you along the way. 

Legacy Living

 Enjoy the contemporary, elegant atmosphere of our family-owned boutique senior residence. Equipped with every amenity you need


Residences at Belvedere is a four-storey building situated on a rise overlooking the Fraser River, offering a beautiful view of the valley below.


Welcome to Granville Gardens in beautiful Vancouver, BC. We are delighted to offer 5-star food, accommodations, activities, and service.


Set on six acres of gorgeous Vancouver green space, Revera Crofton Manor is a retirement home that’s worth exploring

Do you prefer independant living?

The conventional image of downsizers is that of a retired empty-nest couple cashing out of the burbs and buying a condo downtown. Times have changed.

Downsizing tip #1

Moving to a newer home? Make sure you know the time it takes to get occupancy.

New construction homes could take a year or more just to get the building permit. Always work with a builder who is competent in your area and the local municipality.




The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.